National Library Lovers Month

 


Love is in the air every February 14th with Valentine’s Day, but did you know that February is also National Library Lovers Month? Did you also know that you can earn some free SWAG by sharing a story about what the library means to you? Check out our Stories for SWAG program here! Just by sharing a short story about what you love about your library, you get a small gift! (while supplies last; items received may vary)


Here are some stories that patrons just like you have already shared with us:


“Going to the Grayslake Library is something I always enjoy! The staff is kind and helpful. There are many resources for everything you need. Plus, I am encouraged to pick up a good book during the summer and winter reading challenges. Thanks to all the staff for making this possible!” – Kelly


“When my son was little, we relied on the library and staff to help him build his reading skills.  I would bring him each week for story times where he loved the readings as well as the crafts.  As he grew, we relied on the children's librarians to recommend books and other materials to us.  The library is a remarkable free resource for families in our community.” – Joan


“There are so many things I LOVE about the library. Here are a few: 1. Thanks to CCS I can basically get any book or DVD I want. 2. Circ staff is always gracious and welcoming when I pick up my many holds. 3. I don't have a scanner at home so I am thankful there is one here. I also don't have a color printer so I appreciate being able to print in color here. 4. During COVID I did a lot of local history research and thanks to the library was able to access Ancestry from home. That helped a lot! 5. Speaking of databases, I also use AtoZ and Consumer Reports regularly. 6. Thanks for automatic renewals--although I try not to abuse those.” – Jane


“With 3 boys under 5 I especially love the kids section, we've found many of our favorite stories there. The librarians are so creative, a few years ago they set up a "command center" in the play area with corded phones and old keyboards and the kids had such fun pretend playing office. I also like that if my kids are a little too wild for library time we can grab a themed backpack "to go," with books, games, and activity sheets we can do at home.” – Melissa


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Juneteenth

Sounds of Summer

Autism Awareness Month